Friday, July 10, 2015

7/9 and 7/10

7/9
This morning mom and I left to visit some colleges for the next two days.  The first college we visited was Christopher Newport University.  I really like the campus.  If I were to go there however I would double major in Music Composition and Business Management.  I will definitely be applying there in the winter.  I think I would be happy there.  After the tour I had an interview at the school.  I think it went well.  Hopefully it gives me a better chance to get in.  We went into Norfolk to stay for the night.  The view from the hotel was really nice.  It was right on the water.  We went to this really good Thai restaurant for dinner.  I had a crab rangoon appetizer and pad thai.  It was some of the best thai food I've had.  There was a record store near the restaurant that I went into.  They had two records I had been looking for.  They both had sold out online before I could get a copy.  The two records I got were The Money Store and The Powers That B.  Both are by the band Death Grips.  They are a experimental hip-hop band from LA.  I have been a fan of theres for a while now.  It takes a while to get into them at first.
7/10
Today we visit Randolph-Macon College.  I really didn't like it.  The school was really small, only 1500 students.  It really felt like Robinson, my high school, in all the worst ways.  It seems like a lot of the parents come out to the football games and the community is really invested in the school.  It sounds like a good thing I know, but it is something I am trying to get away from.  The music program also does not sounds competitive at all.  I talked to one of the people in the program and he said people come in to major in music there and might not have played an instrument before.  So I am definitely not going to be applying there.  After our visit we started headed home.  The drive was fine.  There wasn't too much traffic.  Now that we're home the frantic pack for Philly starts.  I leave Sunday morning so we only have one full day to pack everything I need for the next 3 weeks.  That's what I will be doing all day tomorrow.  We made sure we had everything we needed for philly before we went to visit college so we won't be running all over.  It shouldn't be so bad.  I'll be able to do laundry there.

No comments: