Friday, July 3, 2015

7/1 and 7/2

7/1
Today I hung out with my friend.  I hadn't seen her in a while cause she leaves a little ways from me.  It's about a 20 minute drive each way.  But she is leaving for college just a few days after I get back so I probably won't get a chance to see her before she leaves.  Luckily we got to hang out today though.  I got home around 6 that night so I didn't really do much else.
Esther leaves for California on Friday morning.  I won't see her for almost a month starting Friday.  I can't say I'm too sad about it though.  She is going to visit my moms parents for the next two weeks and by the time she gets back I'll already be in Philly.
The power was out this morning when I woke up.  Sandy woke my up because she was barking at the battery backups we have connected to the computers.  They beep when the power goes out so I had to get up and turn them off so she would stop barking.  There was work being done on some power lines up the street so they had to turn it off for a few hours.  It came back on before noon though.  There has been a surprising amount of construction going on around here the past few weeks.
7/2
Today I didn't really have any plans.  I spent a lot of time working on a song.  It's coming together really well.  Its a very 1990's hip hop style beat, I'll probably end up rapping over it as well.  I went to get coffee with one of my friends around 4.  It was nice.  Esther and mom finished packing for Esther today as well.  Her plane leaves early tomorrow morning.  Mom is going to take her and Dad and I are going to stay here.  Dad got home around 7 tonight.  He was in Colorado for work and got a chance to visit his brother and parents.  
Once Esher leaves Mom is going to start stressing about me leaving I think.  She always stresses out about this stuff.  I'm not to worried about it however.  I'm sure I'll have everything I need.
I am visiting some more colleges next week as well.  I am visiting Christopher Newport and Randolph Macon.  They are both in Virginia.  I've heard good things about both schools.  Especially Christopher Newport.  I have an interview scheduled there when I visit too.  I am nervous though because I don't think I'm ready to interview for colleges yet.

No comments: