Sunday, June 23, 2013

First 5 days of summer

I have been pretty busy the first few days of summer.  This is my first post and we are already five days into summer!  Tuesday was the last day of school.  After school I had a piano lesson.  I am learning the moonlight sonata by Beethoven.  It is one of my favorite songs.  Then I went to my friend Nika's house and we hung out for the rest of the day.  I had a good time.  On Wednesday I hung out with my friend Chase.  He lives in the neighborhood so I walked over to his house.  We then walked over to the shopping center.  We got taco bell for lunch.  Then we walked back to his house and wrote some drum parts.  On Thursday I hung out with Nika again in the morning.  Then I hung out with Jake in the afternoon.  On Friday the band met with a studio.  We are recording a few songs this summer.  We set a recording date of  July 13th.  We have two songs written and we will record both of those.  On Saturday I didn't do anything all morning.  Esther had a swim meet, she mad it into the A meets this summer for the summer swim team.  Then she had a vocal lesson.  In the afternoon after Esther and Mom got home I went over to Jake's house.  We worked on setting up his drum set he just bought.  Then we walked to Taco Bell for dinner.  After we got back he helped me learn a song on the guitar.  I am going to do some guitar and vocal covers on youtube this summer.
This summer I am going on the mission trip with the church.  We leave on June 30th and we get back on July 5th.  I am not looking forward to going.  We are building a house in West Virginia.  I wish I could just stay here.  I would like to just work with my band.
As I mentioned before I will be recording with my band.  I am very excited.  We will be playing  a bunch of shows after we record.  We have been working on these songs for six or seven months now.  I think they sound really good.  There are a bunch of signed bands that will be listening to them and promoting them after we record.  We could end up getting pretty big.
On July 10th I am going to a music festival called the Vans Warped Tour.  There are almost 40 bands there this summer.  It goes from 11 in the morning to 9 at night.  I am going to try to see the bands The Story So Far, The Wonder Years, Like Moths To Flames, Attila, letlive., and Defeater.  It is going to be a lot of fun.  I am going with a bunch of friends but I don't know if I will stick with them because I want to see different bands then them.
In August I am visiting California.  I am looking forward to that.  We will be driving from Livermore all the way to Seattle.  I have never been to Washington but I am excited to visit for the first time.  I want to visit the town Walnut Creek in California because that is where my favorite band is from.
Overall I think it will be a very good summer.
Next year in school I will be a softmore!  Only Three more years of high school!  I am taking all the core classes (English, Government, Chemistry, and Algebra).  For my electives I will be taking Theatre 2 and Spanish 2.  I also have to take Gym one more year in order to have enough gym credits to graduate.  This will be my last year of gym though.  Then I will have three electives to take instead of two.  I will probably go to the academy and take a music production class as my electives starting junior year.
I would go to Robinson to take my core classes but I would go off everyday and take a bus to a different school called Fairfax Academy to take my other class.  It takes up all my electives.
It's hard to believe that I am almost done with school already.
Dad was in Korea all week.  He just got back yesterday.  I think he had a good time.  He went there for work but he said he spent most of his time looking around.  Esther and Mom went to a concert last night too.  They saw Bruno Mars.  A bunch of my friends went too.  I enjoy his music too.  I haven't been to a concert in a while.
Today is mom's birthday.  After I am done writing this blog I will be making her a cake.  Dad got her some stuff from Korea for her birthday.  He got her a fan and a painting.  They are really nice.
Esther is going to girl scout camp this summer.  This will be her first time at a sleep away camp.  I think it will be nice to have the house to myself without here for a week.
Esther and I have been playing Mario Kart on the wii a lot lately.  We have almost unlocked all the characters.  We have 3 or 4 more but they are really hard to unlock.
It has been a really relaxing good summer so far.  It feels good to be sleeping in everyday now.  It is annoying to wake up at 5:30 every week day.  Esther will be starting at Robinson next year.  It will be weird having her at the same school as me I think.  I didn't like my seventh grade year very much.  I hope hers is better.  I hope she has the same English teacher as I did in the seventh grade because I really liked her.  I think Esther would enjoy her class too.  My history teacher in seventh grade was really good too.  I think Esther has been having a good summer too.  She has been spending a lot of time at the pool.

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Great post, John! I can't believe you will be a sophomore either. Are you taking vocal lessons as well as Esther?
Grandma