Sunday, June 30, 2013

The weekend 6/29-6/30

Saturday:
Today Esther had a swim meet in the morning.  Apparently she did pretty well.  I decided to sleep in instead of going.  When I woke up Dad had just gotten home from the meet.  He wanted to go buy a new refrigerator.  First we went to H H Gregg but we didn't see any we like.  We got lunch at a burrito place down the street.  I got a barbecue veggie burrito and Dad got a fish taco.  We went to Sears next and looked at some more.  We decided on one.  It is going to get delivered July 15th.  Our current refrigerator's freezer doesn't keep things cold enough anymore.  This one is a nice one.  It was hard to find one that fit our size constraints and was nice.  We have a very small space to fit one into.  After I got home I played a game of Mario Kart with Esther.  Then her friend came over.  They went to the park shortly after.  After her friend left Esther and I played some more video games.  Tomorrow I am going to a meeting about my job at the end of July.  I am going to be a counselor at a drama camp.  I am looking forward to working there.  I think it will be a lot of fun.
Sunday:
Today I went to church in the morning.  After that Mom and I went grocery shopping.  We got a bunch of stuff.  We are making tacos for dinner.  After I got home I relaxed for a little bit.  Then Dad and I fixed one of my bass's.  The pickups on it are powered by a nine volt battery.  The connector had come off so we had to re-attach it.  It didn't take to long.  After we finished I had to leave for my meeting for my job.  It was at the school where the camp is.  It was fun.  We painted the signs for the camp.  My groups sign was the best.  We got all the info we needed for the camp.  It was two hours long but we weren't sitting the whole time so it wasn't that bad.  I have some good friends who are being counselors but I don't think any of them are working the same week as me.  I am getting a little bit but this year will be my training year so it is not alot.  Next year I will be a full time counselor.  I will probably be working at least 3 weeks at the camp next summer.  It is a drama camp.  I attended it last year and I had a lot of fun.  I am really looking forward to working.  It will be my first job.

1 comment:

Grandma said...

You have a job! Good for you! Grandma