Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Monday and Tuesday

Monday:
Today I woke up and watched the show Food Network Star.  It is a cooking competition show where the contestants compete to win a TV show on the Food Network.  It is an interesting show because it is as much about the personalities as it is about the cooking.  I don't really have a favorite person yet.  The season just started.  After Esther woke up we played Mario Kart for a while.  For lunch mom choose mystery ingredients for Esther and I to make lunch with then she judges them.  The ingredients were  top ramen, veggie burgers, and waffles.  I made a veggie burger sandwich with waffle buns and a fried egg on top.  On the side I had "french fry" ramen with a spicy ketchup sauce.  Esther made a boiled ramen and waffle puree served on top of a waffle.  The scoring system was 10 points for plating, 10 points for taste, and 10 points for creativity.  We both scored 23 points overall.  I won in taste and creativity but Esther won in plating.  It was fun.  In the evening Esther had a swim meet.  I didn't go to the swim meet I stayed home and listened to my records for the night.  It was pretty relaxing.
Tuesday:
Today I woke up around 10 and Esther had already left for her math tutoring session.  When the got back Aaron was here for our piano lesson.  I took the first lesson.  I am working on the moonlight sonata by Beethoven currently.  It is my favorite classical piece of all time.  After my piano lesson, I went to hang out with my friend Maggie.  We went mini golfing then just hung out for a while it was fun.  After I left it was about 3.  I went home and made myself some lunch.  Band practice started at 4.  The whole full time band was there.  Jake, Chase, and I.  We are working on writing our second single for our EP.  Our first one is done and we will record it July 13th.  It is called "Why Not Tonight".  Our second one sounds better I think.  The bass line is pretty cool and funky.  The drums have a nice beat.  I wrote the lyrics for this one and I think these are best lyrics I have ever written.  This one is called "I Won't Be Seeing You This Summer".  Today we wrote the bass part finalized the guitar parts and got through everything but the breakdown and the bridge on drums.  We will finish up the song on Friday.

1 comment:

Grandma said...

How about giving us the lyrics to the song you wrote in your next blog? Love, Grandma