Monday, July 29, 2013

Saturday

Today I went to Bethesda, Maryland for a theater conference.  When I got there first person I saw was Mr. Rome.  He is my drama teacher at Robinson.  Then I found all the other people I was there with.  We got to go to three presentations.  The first one was Ashley's workshop on devised theater.  We went really quickly through all the different aspects of Voices Of Now and demonstrated some of the different activities we used to devise our play.  I like devised theater a lot.  Esther's camp for the next two weeks is a devised theater camp.  Next we went to lunch.  I talked to some of my friends from Voices Of Now and caught up with them.  I hadn't seen them since May, when the performance was.  It was nice to see them.  Then we got to choose between a few different lectures.  I choose to go to one on drag in theater.  It was very interesting.  She talked about the difference between a guy playing a girl character and a guy playing in drag.  She said the difference was a guy playing in drag is more comedic and a guy playing a girl is more of an honest portrayal of a female character.  The last workshop was a workshop on tableaux.  We use a lot of tableaux in Voices of Now.

No comments: