Sunday, July 14, 2013

Thursday and Friday and Saturday

Thursday:
Today we didn't do anything at all.  I woke up at twelve thirty or so.  Then I stayed at home for most of the day.  I was really sore from warped tour the day before.  It was hard to get out of bed.  My arms were the most sore.  My backpack I brought to warped tour ripped in the middle of the Wall Of Death during Secrets set.  It was a lot of fun though.  I can't wait to go again next year! Hopefully a lot of my favorite bands will be there again.  Issues is on Warped Tour this year but they didn't play our date.  I have seen them twice already but I really want to see them again.  They are amazing live.  I start work in two weeks.  It is going to be fun.  I am going to be a counselor at the Robinson Drama Camps.  I am a walking counselor which means I work with all the kids.  I will be helping where ever help is needed.  I have never done something like this before so I am kind of nervous, but I know I will do fine.  Esther comes home from camp tomorrow.  We are going to make her Great Grandma Anderson's Chocolate Cake.  I don't think I have ever had it but Grandma says it is really good.


Friday:
Today Esther comes home.  We are making Great Grandma Anderson's cake for dessert.  In the morning Mom and I made the cake but we couldn't make the frosting because we were short on the unsweetened chocolate.  Later in the day mom and I went out to get some stuff.  We went to go get my haircut.  I am very pleased with how it came out.  I shaved the sides but left the top long.  Then on the way home we went by the grocery store.  The first store we went had no unsweetened chocolate which was kind of weird.  So we went to another grocery store and they had it.  Then once we got home we made the frosting for the cake.  After some down time it was time to go pick up Esther.  When we arrived the bus's were just pulling in.  On the way home Esther told us all about camp.  It seems like she had fun.  We had hamburgers for dinner.  Then we cut the cake.  The cake was very good.  The frosting was the best part though.  Tomorrow I am recording with my band.  I am very excited we have been working on this song for quite a long time now.  Recording starts at 2:30.
Saturday:
Today I recorded with my band.  I woke up at noon then I got ready.  At about one I headed over to Chase's house to pack up his drums.  He gave me a ride to the studio.  Once we got there we set up the drums.  It took us about an hour to get drums done then we moved on to bass.  It took me about half an hour to get all the bass parts tracked.  Next we went back to drums and got all the samples we needed.  Then we moved on the rhythm guitar which took another half an hour.  Next we did the lead guitar parts which took about twenty minutes.  Then we overdubbed the lead guitar parts which took about ten minutes.  Lastly we did vocals.  That took us about thirty to forty minutes then we were out of time.  We need to go back in order to mix it.  Today cost us $200.  It is going to be another $200 to mix it and get a final product.  It was a lot of fun recording.  We will need to find another $200 though so we can finish it up and get the product so we can release it.  By the end of the summer we will have at least one song done and ready to release.  It is very exciting.

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Wow! Making music is really expensive. Who knew?

I saw your haircut - awesome.
Love, Grandma