Thursday, July 25, 2013

Wednesday and thursday

Wednesday
Today I had work.  I woke up at 7:30 to be there at 8:45.  In the morning I work with the oldest kids.  Each group goes to four stations.  Performance, Music and Movement, Acting, and Tech.  In Performance the kids prepare a play they come up with over the course of the week, they perform it for there parents at the end of the week.  In Music and Movement the kids prepare a dance to a song from a musical.  In Acting the kids just play games.  They also learn about improv games and theatre sports.  In Tech the kids learn about the 5 aspects of tech.  Props, Makeup, Costumes, Lights, and Sound.  In the afternoon I have the youngest group of kids.  They are 2nd and 3rd graders.  They are hard to keep control of.  One of the campers just walks off and won't listen to anyone.  Other then that it isn't so bad.  I like the people I am working with this week.  Some of them are good friends I've known for a while others are people I have seen around the drama department but haven't talked to much.  I am enjoying it so far.  It is pretty tiring though.  I am exhausted after a day there.  
Thursday
Today the campers finished getting ready for there performance tomorrow.  The older campers in the morning are dancing to the song Ease On Down The Road from The Wiz.  It is looking pretty good.  The counselors are dancing with the campers.  There play is about a girl who gets trapped in a story book world.  The group is pretty creative and are fun to work with.  The afternoon group is quite a handful.  They are dancing to Let's Go Fly A Kite from Mary Poppins.  Tomorrow is my last day of work.  I am looking forward to sleeping in this weekend.  I only have a break every other day.  During lunch half the counselors have lunch with the campers and the other half have a break.  I have my breaks on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  I always have breaks with the same people.  I feel kind bad for the people that have break only two days.  It is really nice to have a break half way through the day where you aren't around the campers.  I might be seeing a movie with a friend tomorrow night.  That would be a lot of fun.  I haven't seen my friends very much this week.

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Exhausted after a day of work? More so than after a day of school?
Grandma