Wednesday, June 24, 2015

6/23/15

Today was mom's birthday.  I got her some flowers and some chocolates.  She enjoyed them.  I took Esther to the mall while mom went to the college to take her test.  I got some new earrings but Esther didn't end up getting anything.  Then we headed home.  We just barely beat mom home.  She got a 98% on her test.  She has done very well in her classes.  Dad came home early so we could go to moms favorite restaurant for dinner.  It is called Trummer's on Main.  I got BBQ bone marrow to start, it was really good.  I have had bone marrow once before and I really liked it.  Then for my entree I had smoked pork cheeks.  While we were eating a huge storm hit and the power in the restaurant ended up going out but they still could cook.  The power was out at home when we got home too.  Sandy was really scared and didn't want us to leave her alone.  So I stayed downstairs for a while and read to keep her company.  The power finally came back on around 10:00.  At the beginning of the year Dad and I made a deal that if I could get a 3.5 GPA or higher for the year he would buy me a Macbook and my counselor emailed us telling me that I'd gotten a 3.7.  I am very proud of myself.

No comments: