Friday, July 4, 2014

Rhode Island

Today we drove from New Jersey to Rhode Island.  We woke up before 6 in order to get on the road by 7.  We arrived in Providence around 11.  We made great time.  When we arrived in Providence we checked in at our hotel.  Then we went to get lunch.  We had lunch in the mall.  We just ate at the food court.  I went to Newbury Comics and picked up a few new records.  I got a seven inch from the band Black Flag and a ten inch of the singles from Morrisey's new album.  They were surprisingly cheap.  I got them both for under $10 total.  Then I caught up with the family.  They were in Foot Locker because dad was considering buying new running shoes.  He ended up just buying a pair of orange converse.  I however did get a new pair of running shoes.  I like them.  I am going to use them at the frisbee game Sunday.  Then we went and saw the movie 22 Jump Street.  It was pretty funny.  It was just about as good as the first one.  Then we got dinner at a pub down the street.  The world cup game was on in there so it was pretty loud.  The food was good however.  After dinner dad and I considered heading back to the mall but it was closing up.  Tomorrow we are going to arrive in Cape Cod.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you had some books with you for the down times! What are you reading these days? How about a blog on "current reading?" Grandma