Sunday, July 6, 2014

What I've been reading

Their will probably be a lot of down while we are on the cape so I brought 2 books to read.  Right now I am reading a book called Split Milk by Chico Buarque.  The book was originally written in Spanish but was translated into English.  The book is narrated by a hundred year old man on his death bed.  The book is his ramblings while he recounts his youth.  The book is really interesting but it is sometimes hard to follow because the narrated rambles a lot.  Overall I am enjoying the book.  The other book I brought I haven't started yet.  The book is called Firefly by Janette Jenkins.  It is about Noel Coward who is an Actor and Musician.  He has moved to Jamaica to retire.  I haven't started the book yet so I don't have an opinion on it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Is this the Noel Coward you are reading about: an English playwright, composer, director, actor and singer, known for his wit, flamboyance, personal style, cheek and chic, pose and poise"?
Our library has no books by Chico Buarque, so far I haven't found anything about his book Spilt Milk. Should I educate myself and pursue this subject? Grandma