Tuesday, August 19, 2014

3 blogs

8/18
Yesterday I went to the concert.  I left for concert at 3.  I drove up there while mom was in the car and she drove back after the concert.  The drive was about an hour and a half but it was a really easy drive.  I got there about 4:30 and surprisingly I was the third person in line at the door.  The show was sold out.  But this venue only held about 350 people.  Since I was third in line I got right up front.  All the bands were amazing.  I got a 2 setlists from the bands.  Setlists are the list of songs they play that they tape on stage so they know what songs they are playing.  I got a setlist from the bands Ovlov and Superheaven.  I also caught the drummer of basements stick that he threw after there set.  Basement's set was amazing.  They were really good live.  Unfortunately I didn't get many good pictures because I was so close but it was a fun night.  I really like the venue and I will definitely be going back the that venue when I get the chance. I am really happy with how the night turned out.  That morning I had band practice with my band.  Practice actually went really well.
8/19
Here is a picture of the setlists and the drum stick I got from the concert on Sunday.  The setlist on left is from the band Superheaven.  They just recently changed there band name.  They used to be called Daylight but had to change there name because of copyright reasons.  They put on a pretty good set but the singer lost his voice so they did mostly instrumentals.  It was pretty good for being all instrumentals though.  The set list on the right is from the opening band called Ovlov.  They were really good.  Probably the second best set of the night after Basement.  After the show was over I bought there album from there merch table. The band members were hanging out at the table and they were pretty cool.
An Extra Blog

Today I hung out with my friends Chase and John.  They are the guys in my band.  We worked on making a custom guitar mostly for fun.  Chase had an old Fender body lying around so we are going to paint it and put new electronics in it.  Today we only had time to paint it.  The picture that I posted is just the base coat.  We painted the whole thing read and then we put the tape on and painted black over it.  Tonight John is going to paint a gloss coat over it to seal the paint and add a shine.  If everything works it'll be black with red stripes.  Tomorrow once its down being painted we are going to put the new pickup, neck, and volume knob on and it should be ready to play.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun! Grandma