Saturday, August 2, 2014

8/1 and 8/2

8/1
Today I woke up and the house was being cleaned so I just stayed in and worked on my course work.  I finished it all by 11.  All that I had to do were some final culminating stuff.  It was all really easy.  Then at around 1:00 we left to go to Robinson to see Esther's show.  It was the same program I did when I was here age.  I really enjoyed the program and have seen the show every year since I have been in it.  This year was the 10th year of them doing the program so they had a few special parts. For the past 10 years they have always started with the same scene but this year they put it at the end.  They also had a video commemorating the program.  Overall the show was pretty good.  Esther will be able to do it for one more year.  I might be a counselor next.  It pays pretty well.  After the show my friend came to pick me up and we went and picked up our other friend and we had a writing session for our new band at my house.  I really like what we came up with.  After we were done.  I fell asleep.  It was a good day overall.  I don't have many plans for the weekend.
8/2
Today I woke up around 10 and went downstairs to find that mom and dad had went out to a movie.  I decided to mow the lawn for my dad because I needed some extra money.  There is a concert in Philly that me and my friends are planning to go to and I need to pay for my ticket.  The concert is going to be really good.  It isn't till October but it is already sold out.  Tickets went on sale today at 10 A.M,  My friend bought three tickets so all three of us could go.  After I mowed the lawn I went downstairs and practiced drums for a couple hours.  I have started teaching myself drums.  That is what I am going to play in my newest band.  I REALLY like drums.  It is by far my favorite instrument I have learned so far.  I have been spending a lot of time learning and I have been getting better at a fairly rapid rate.  I am going to continue to practice though.  My friend who is playing guitar in the band used to play drums so he just sold me his old kit for really cheap.  It is a nice kit though.  It sounds really good.  I will eventually upgrade when I have enough money but for now it is just fine for what we need.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you are having a good summer, John. What can you do besides mowing to earn money? Do you ever baby sit?
Grandma