Saturday, August 16, 2014

blogs

blog #1
I am getting really excited to see Basement on Sunday.  After I see them there is only 1 of my favorite bands of all time that I have left to see.  The last band is called American Football.  They are by far my favorite band of all time.  They released on album in 1997 and played 12 shows before breaking up.  They have recently gotten back together and are playing a few shows this fall but all the ones near me are 18 and up only.  I am hoping that they will add some more shows this winter or early next year.  I listen to there album at least once a week if not more.  When they got back together they released some old demos that were never released.  They are pretty good most of them were just early versions of already released stuff.  I am hoping now that they are back together they will release more new music and play more shows really soon.   My dad really enjoys there music as well.  He says it reminds him of old Genesis stuff.  American Football's music is very melodic.  After they broke up the members went on a did stuff in other bands but I think the American Football album is there best work.
blog #2
I don't have much else to report from around here. Yesterday I traded in my old bass amp to Guitar Center and got $300 for it.  With the money I bought a PA system for the band.  A PA system is basically a microphone amplifier.  You need one to play shows almost anywhere.  Also we will be able to have full practices now.  We are going to have practice on Sunday before I leave for my concert.  I think tomorrow will be a great day.  Since I traded in the amp and bought something else from the store I got a 10% discount and no tax on the purchases so I got to pocket $30 of my own as well.

No comments: