Wednesday, August 27, 2014

the past weekend

This weekend I went out to St Louis to visit my grand parents.  It was a lot of fun seeing them.  I hadn't been out there too see them a quite a few years.  While I was there I got to go to a few different record stores I found some really cool records.  My favorite two are a Nirvana single and the Goblin LP by Tyler The Creator.  I also got to go to a concert of a band I had wanted to see for quite a while.  The concert was really good although not many people went.  The picture I posted was of the band Widow.  They are releasing there new album this fall sometime.

Grandma also did a lot of cooking.  She is a really good cook.  I helped her make a fudge cake.  She gave me the recipe to take back home.  I made it today for my family.  It was gone before I could take a picture so I'm assuming it was good.  The cake it really easy.  When I got home from St Louis a record I had been waiting for arrived.  It is a really cool record.  It is a 12 inch record cut to look like a flower with a 7 inch playing space,  The record a split between two of my favorite bands Nai Harvest, and Playlounge.  They are both duo's from the UK.

On my last day in St. Louis we drove up the Mississippi.  The river was pretty wide where we drove but you could see the other side.  There were a lot of tug boats in  the water moving crates.  We stopped in a town called Grafton to get ice cream.  The ice cream wasn't anything special but it was still good.  Then we turned around.  They dropped me off at the air port on the way back to there house.  The flight was really easy.  It left on time and even arrived a little early.  It was a lot of fun being out of town but it was nice to sleep in my own bed again.  Sandy really missed me and mom.

On the plane ride home I finished my book for my summer assignment.  The book I read was called Brain on Fire: My Month Of Madness by Suzannah Cahalan.  The book was mostly interesting but it got boring at parts.  The book is a Memoir of the author.  When she was in her mid twenties she started to have seizures and suffer from many common symptoms of Schizophrenia but her and her family where convinced that wasn't what it was.  When she finally went into a coma for a month they figured out it was a disease where her body attacks her brain.   I am glad I am done with it but it is making me realize that summer is almost over. 




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you had a good time in St. Louis, John. I loved having you here. Come again - soon!
Love, Grandma