Sunday, August 19, 2012

Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Friday
Today we drove up to Falmouth.  It took us 11 hours in total.  I watched three movies, listened to music and texted my friends.  It took a long time.  We were making pretty good time until we hit Connecticut.  After that is was pretty much deadlock.  When we got to Rhode Island it was about 6:30 or 7:00.  We went out to get dinner.  We went to Uno's.  Esther had steak and shrimp but her shrimp took a little longer to get to the table because the first batch was knocked on the floor by accident.  I had some salmon.  It was nothing special.  After that we went back to the hotel room and went to sleep.  We were really really tired because we had been driving all day.  The hotel room was not very good either but I eventually did fall asleep.  Thanks for reading.
Saturday
Today we drove the rest of the way.  It took us almost an hour and a half.  The traffic on the Bourne bridge was pretty bad but we got over it eventually.  After that we went and had lunch.  We went to visit the Kerr's.   They were having a wedding reception in there backyard later that day.  When we headed out we went to get some lunch.  We went to the Corner Cafe.  I got a veggie melt sandwich.  It was good.  Esther got a BLT with onion rings.  The onion rings were really really good.  At 1:30 we went to pick up Matt from the bus stop.  He was supposed to come on the bus that arrived at 12:30 but they over sold there bus so he had to come on the next one.  Mom decided to get some groceries.  Esther, Matt, Dad and I, went to Surf Drive beach.  It is the one right next to our rental house.  Mom and Dad went to a wedding reception.  Matt was left to watch Esther and I.  We were walking down main street when my friend showed up.  I had invited her to hang out with us for awhile.  It was a lot of fun.  Thanks for reading
Sunday
Today we woke up and had breakfast.  The Kerr's gave us some eggs from there chickens so we had those for breakfast.  Then we headed to Woodneck beach.  They have a lazy river kind of thing because of the current in the water.  So Esther, Matt, and I raced down it.  Esther and I won every time.  Then we headed home for lunch.  We had Sandwiches.  Dad's friend Charleston, his wife and his daughter showed up soon after got home.  Dad and Matt were heading to the bus station when my friend texted me and invited me over.  I brought my bass to cape cod so we could play some songs together.  She plays drums.  She is really good.  We played a couple different songs before we decided to play some xbox.  We are about evenly matched.  It was really fun.  Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Grandma said...


Did Matt cook dinner on Saturday when your folks were at the wedding?
I remember that river thru the beach - very fast in places, exciting and fun, fun, fun!
Love, Grandma