Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Tuesday-concert, Wednesday- camp

Tuesday
Today I had camp.  We blocked my scene.  It is pretty cool.  I have to walk with a limp.  I don't have much movement but my lines are usually really long.  I need to be off book by Thursday.  I am getting pretty close. Then soon after I got home my friend John came over.  We were going to see a concert at the Verizon Center.  The bands playing were System of a Down and the Deftones.  System of a down is one of John and I's favorite bands.  The Deftones were opening for them though.  They were not very good.  You couldn't understand what the sing was saying at all.  System of a Down was much better.  The singer is from Lebanon.  He is really good.  They had just gotten back together after they had broken up and formed different bands.  All in all it was a very good concert and is probably the second best concert I have seen after A Day To Remember.  Thanks for reading.
Wednesday
Today I had camp again.  I didn't really do much today.  They were blocking the big group scenes.  I am not in any of those.  They are using big puppets for the animals in the play.  They are very cool.  I have made some really good friends in the camp.  I want to do more stuff with the group in the future.  The play is going to be very good if we can finish all the blocking tomorrow and everyone knows there lines.  I have learned all of mine I think.  We are planning to do a "Stumble Through".  That is where you just try to go through the play even though you know it will not be perfect.  We don't have many of the human costumes ready yet.  I am probably doing to have a soldiers outfit.  My character is fun to play.  The play is this weekend.  Two times on Saturday and 1 time on Sunday.  Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Grandma said...

Sure wish I could see this play - you must be getting good at this. How about posting some stories of your European trip next week after the play? Pictures? Love, Grandma

Karen said...

Hi John -

I'm glad you enjoyed the concert and are making friends at camp. I love the idea of a "stumble through"!!

-karen