Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I have to read this book for school called Nothing but the Truth.  It is about this kid who doesnt like his english teacher.  When he gets tranfered to her home room class he sings along to the star spangled banner when is plays in the morning and he gets in trouble and gets sent to the principles office.  I dont think that is fair.  He is just showing patriotism.  Although there is a rule that the students are supposed to be quiet during the star spangled banner he was not being disrespectful or anything.  Even after he goes to the principals office he continues to sing in class.  Although I think he should get in trouble for continually breaking the rules the "rule" he broke was not a fair rule.  So I think he should not have gotten in trouble for singing.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hi John -

I wonder why he chose to sing? Was it to annoy the teacher he does not like? Did it have some personal meaning for him?

If it is okay to break rules which are unfair, who gets to decide which rules are unfair?

Anyway, you've made me think. And it is summer time - isn't that vacation time - not thinking time?!! :)

-karen