Sunday, August 2, 2009

day 42

Yesterday we went out on the boat. We went to Greater Sippewissett marsh. It was very shallow. It was also very wavy. Dad forgot the tow rope so we couldn't go tubing. Then we had to get ready for Dad's party. Holly, Nehah, Mat, Eddy, Marina, Judy, Amanda, and Julia. Esther played with Amanda and Julia. I hung out with the grown ups. We had hot dogs and hamburgers for dinner. Then we went to Smitty's for dessert. My dad and I shared a frappe. It was vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup. Esther got mint chocolate chip in a cone. Mom had Kahlua Fudge on a cone. Nehah had a kiddy cone she couldn't finish it! Holly had a large and she finished it! Tomorrow we are going to church. Eileen out babysitter is also coming over, so mom and dad can go out on the boat.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hmmmm .... I wonder what I would have had ... Kahlua Fudge sounds pretty good .... but so does the frappe ... I remember getting milkshakes at Buxton's (ask your Dad if that was the name of the restaurant - it popped into my head, but it doesn't sound right) ... anyway - after drinking the milkshake I would shiver and shiver for a long time, because it had made me so cold.

I remember riding our bikes to the restaurant with a bunch of our friends and sharing one big banana split. Everyone had a spoon and we devoured it very, very quickly!
-karen