Thursday, August 27, 2009

day 64

Today we went to the Arlington National cemetery. We saw the tomb of the unknown soldiers. I my favorite part was the changing of the guards. I saw that twice. They guard the tomb of the unknown soldiers. One of the soldiers was done with they assignment. So there was a special ceremony. He laid some roses on the three tombs at the monuments. Then when we got home we went swimming. No one else was down there. So I played with Mom, and Esther. It was fun. Then I watched the little league world series, international semifinal. The teams that were playing were China Tapie vs. Curacao. The final score was five to two. I watched the final three innings. The starting pitcher let only five hits. Then when Dad got home we went for a quick swim. Today was a good day.

2 comments:

Grandma said...

Virginia sounds great! I can't wait to visit and see your new school and the library. And Arlington cemetery must have been very impressive...
Grandma

Karen said...

Hi John -

I'm glad to hear you've been having fun in Virginia: swimming, smoothies, baseball, and more!

Have a great time this weekend!!
love, karen