Tuesday, July 28, 2009

day 38

Today I was supposed to have Kenny over but he canceled (again). He was supposed to show up at nine thirty. He wasn't here by ten so we called him and he said he had company over so he couldn't come. So then to drown my sorrows I played Bigs for two hours. My team won the world series against to the Yankees. Then I went to science school. We went on a field trip to Webster woods. We brought a topographical map and tried to find where we were. I was really close to finding where we were but I was off by a couple inches on the map. Dad got home today. He is very tired. He became friends with a guy named Guy. Tomorrow in science school we are going to work on our map some more. We are going to start drawing it. It is going to be very fun. We have decided on a scale for our map. It is 1ft in real life = 2cm on the map.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I'm sorry that Kenny canceled again :( !!

I'm glad your Dad has made a new friend. I bet you will make lots of new friends in Virginia. I used to work with a guy named Guy. It's a funny name -- I wonder where it comes from. The history of names and words can be interesting.

I hope you are having fun with your map!
- love, karen